Thursday, December 17, 2009

2 Sleeps. What, what?!


Only two more nights here! I can’t believe my time in Aix is almost at an end. They say you hit certain walls when you’re away from home for so long, and it’s true. There’s the end-of-the-two-month mark when you hit a wall. Then the Thanksgiving wall, and then one more just before finals…but then you realize you’re really close to going home and you can persevere!  I cannot wait to come home. As much as I’ve loved my time here, and looking back on it I feel it passed very quickly, I’m very ready to celebrate the holidays with my family. The only problem I might have with getting home is the weight of my suitcases.  I’ve bought some Christmas presents (and by some…I mean all) over here and they’re heavy! I’m just banking my blue eyes, bright smile and hopefully a man checking in my luggage at 5 am Saturday morning. I’ll finagle my way home with all the gifts!

I have 3 finals down and one to go! That one is my Marchutz Art Criticism final, Friday morning at 11. And once that’s over my academic semester is over! Then we’re going to hangout at the studio together, our professors are going to hang some select works, and then some IAU students are going to join us for a special exhibition of our work!

I’m very glad I’m not flying British Airways because they’re going ton strike and one Marchutz friend has already flown home for fear of not getting home in time for the holidays. I’m not going to lie, I’m a little jealous she’s home already. But, however much I want to be home right now I can’t imagine saying goodbye to the friends I’ve mad here. Luckily some of us are located on the East Coast so some summertime visits are a must. And one friend plays Ultimate and I’ll be seeing him in GA. What a small world!

For now I’m going to settle down and watch a movie, study for tomorrow, finish packing and then eat a new yummy dinner with Mamie. And I hear word of a get-together at my friend Mary’s apartment as a second-to-last-night hurrah.

Can’t wait to see all of you!


This is a photo my friend Mary snapped in Giverny and she emailed me a copy.
I think I look kind of European. See, I'm learning fashion while here!

No comments:

Post a Comment